When Mama reaches out...

 I am always the “reacher outer” in all of my relationships. 

It’s just who I am I guess. 

My best friend as a kid, I would ALWAYS be the planner! She would just tag along and we’d be singing our songs, talking for hours on end and playing the day away and having a blast! 

I THINK I was usually the one who called first or invited first and usually came up with things to do. I loved her! I adored her! She was my best friend in the whole world!!! Next to my dog Cuddles that is!!! 😉

“Cuddles you should know better!!!”

 Sorry... this is a joke only a couple people will understand! People like...“Bubbles”. 

When I met my best friend’s boyfriend for the first time he was actually JEALOUS of us!!! He actually thought I was moving in on his girlfriend!! 🤣  

Okay... please keep in mind this was way back in like 1986, so that wasn’t even a thing in my day!!!  

I mean... I’m SURE it was... but people didn’t talk about it, because we were ALL made to think that would have been a bad thing. 

Being enlightened wasn’t really a thing in the 80’s🤪

It wasn’t that way for me and my bestie anyway... we always said if we couldn’t find a decent guy we would just live together like the two old ladies in the Walton’s!!! 

OMG I am OLD!!!! 

My Best Friend’s boyfriend actually hooked me up with my husband... 

So I guess I can’t be too mad at him for stealing my best friend away!!!

I have always been the little kid who goes up to the other kids at weddings or parties and would say... 

“Hey!! Wanna play with me!?!?” 

You knew the risk of making yourself vulnerable was worth it, if the kid said “YES!” 

I met my second cousin that way! 

I’ve only met her once at a wedding when we were really little kids!!! We hooked up on Facebook about 25 years later, and I totally saw her (and still do to this day) as that adorable kiddo I got to play with all night long at the wedding! 

I puked kiddie cocktails after that night!

Good times!!! 🤣

Sometimes I wonder if I am the “reacher outer”  because I’m a complete loser and nobody really likes me...

 I mean, all the teasing and bullying I endured as a kid should have taught me THAT, right????

Sometimes I wonder if I’m a reacher outer because I like to be in control of things? Which would actually make me an evil human being!!

The answer?  

~Yeah... probably a bit of both.

But I also KNOW that the fact that I reach out after being rejected so very many times… Makes me a strong human being. It makes me continue to fight for GOOD connection no matter how terrifying it actually is to me!!! 

And I am only reaching out because I am a weak human being… and I NEED connection. 

Don’t we all? 

On some level???

So, Mama’s gonna just keep reaching out and hope that when I do, it gives others the courage to do that in their lives and relationships as well!! 

Don’t be afeard! 

By reaching out, for what you know you need to make you a better human!!! 

~Mamaste 

Comments

  1. You mist certainly are not a loser; nor are you evil... ...much. So you're a socual butterfly. Big deal? Some aren't. Many aren't. It isn't for everyone..

    Yet you are one of the few that also help wallflowers go beyond their tiny potted worlds to grow. Your social need to mingle and group coordination has made a huge impact as well as lifetime bonds. Never sell that short of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous
      I will TRY to never sell that short of amazing when I see the wallflowers doing the same!
      ~Mamaste

      Delete
    2. Although that is hard to do when you feel you can trust no One.

      Delete
  2. You are awesome. One of a kind!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hope in the fact that it really IS all Jesus!

Mama says, “SIX MILLION dollars for WHAT??”