When My Momma reminds this Mama about... Love!



~My Momma and My Babies~

 So here is a little tale for your Monday…

My Momma had two babies, at two different times, that died at birth. 

Think this woman might have seen a thing or two!?? Yikes. 

I remember that the name of the baby in this story was either John Joseph... or Kenny.

I don’t remember which baby this story was about.

 I always knew those were my two brothers in heaven. They were born before me. 

I think my parents finally quit having kids once they perfected it with me! 🥰 But I digress.

I knew that this was the story of the time that she lost so much blood, she almost died. 

I remember asking her what that was like. (Being dead) I was probably about 10 years old when my mother told me this story.

When she told me this story, she was still a Catholic but not really a practicing Catholic. It doesn’t really matter, except for the fact that I know we were not evangelicals at this time. We had no religion, which is where I feel I am at today. 

She got snubbed in our little town we lived in when she tried to attend the Catholic Church there! So she stopped going.

A story for another time perhaps.

She told me that she remembered being comfortable and at Peace. Then she saw Jesus and that Jesus told her she couldn’t stay there and that she had to go back and tell people about him!!

She told me that when she came to, she told my Daddy over and over...  “Jesus is real! Jesus is real!” 

I asked her, “What did Daddy think?”  

Momma told me he was pretty freaked out. 

YA THINK! 🤣

After my mother succumbed  to cancer we all gathered at her house to just… Be together.

 Because that is what we did. We did that because my Momma, taught us to do that. She knew the importance of Family and she preached families loving one another! 

When us kids would fight. She would say,  “Knock it off or you will ALL get a spanking!” 

It worked! We didn’t constantly pester her with our bickering!!!  🤣

My Momma was smart.

I still hear that voice in my mind whenever I get angry or frustrated with any of my siblings. 😳

On the ride home that night. My daughter Holly, who I think was probably about 10 or 11 when my Mother died, said that all she could think of  (when she thought of her Grandma) was this song that was popular at that time.

She played it for me and I cried. 

It’s certainly fit my Momma’s heart for her family and our friends who were considered family to her and my Daddy!!

Fast forward about eight years and we find myself and my daughter dining at an estate/ restaurant in our new neighborhood across the country from where I had grown up! We knew no one in our new town. 

I had heard the restaurant was “haunted” and we love places like that! 👻

We were sitting outside by a beautiful fireplace dining and we started talking about Momma/Grandma. 

While we were talking about her; Holly realizes that the instrumental version of Grandma’s song was playing on the piped in music!  

It’s a song called “Everybody”.   Look it up.


Mama says Love can follow you wherever you go!!! It’s real!!! It’s real!!!!

At least that’s what *my* Momma came back from the dead to tell us! If you believe in that sort of thing! 😉

~Mamaste 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope in the fact that it really IS all Jesus!

When Mama reaches out...

Mama says, “SIX MILLION dollars for WHAT??”