When Mama CHOOSES to vaccinate

 


My Noah started having seizures 8 days after his MMR vaccine and the (MANY) others he got at his one year appointment.


He was only 1 year old and no one took into account that maybe we should go a little slower on his vaccination plan...because of his chromosome issues. 😟


I went slower with my first child’s vaccine regimen. 


Actually; that is how I remember

9/11... I was just waking up to take my Holly to get vaccinated.


But I digress...


 I ALWAYS got the “attitude” or the “lecture” when I would tell the nurses that was what I was doing. 🙄


But she did perfectly fine with her vaccinations!! 


(She’s a normal/ healthy kid.)


The doctor at my Noah’s one year appointment was a different one.

 

Our “regular” Doctor Goedderz (best doc EVER), was serving in the Iraq war....


This guy was new to Noah’s well check ups.


He was actually the guy who performed Noah’s c-section... though I don’t believe he remembered that.  🙄


The doctor didn’t even UNDERSTAND that Noah had a chromosome anomaly!!!???


I was wondering why he was asking all these odd questions and suddenly I said,


“You DO realize that he has a chromosome anomaly???”


Funny... because that shit is supposed to be in the charts they get paid to read.  🙄🙄


But I digress.


This doctor completely pressured my husband and I that day to also do a blood draw for lead poisoning (even though we BOTH knew he had NOT been exposed to lead). 


The blood draw that I wanted to say “no” to... ended up being a horrendous experience because it was impossible to find a vein in our boy for some reason that we never found out!? 


I have LOTS of horrible hospitalization stories as well...

Tons of fun. (Sarcasm for those of you who don’t know me well.)


Then, this doctor pressured me to get the full vaccine regimen. I tried to argue my case to no avail.


I had a kid with an extremely rare chromosome anomaly!!!


 So rare, he is the *only* one to have his genetic makeup in the world!!


What the fuck did I know!???


I’m a Momma!!!! 

I know my gut!


7 days later my life went from horrible to Hell. 


When I brought up to doctors and neurologists about the possibility of it being a vaccine reaction... 


I was always told “No.”


EVEN THOUGH it was the EXACT thing the CDC said could possibly happen right on their information sheet. 

(I still have a copy of this sheet 18 years later.)


I filed my own VAERS report, since no doctor or nurse helped me to understand I could do that!!!


It took a few years to FINALLY get the seizures under control.

I pray to the gods I NEVER have to see that again. 


I remember that day being given instructions on how to do CPR with my 1 year old baby over the phone, after he hadn’t been breathing for QUITE some time. 


I literally stared Death in the face that day.


But I sure wish I would have trusted my GUT that day, at his one year visit.


Maybe things would have been a bit easier for him in life?? Maybe?


I don’t know!


Noah was starting to reach some cool milestones before that doctor visit. I have them on video... as well as the bizarre rash he got a couple days after his MMR and “others” 1 year dosing.


But that... is my story. 


Mama says,


“Get your healthy kids vaccinated!! My Momma had Polio and almost died. Disease KILLS people!!!!


But also, Trust your gut, do your research and advocate for your child’s health!”


~Namaste 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope in the fact that it really IS all Jesus!

When Mama reaches out...

Mama says, “SIX MILLION dollars for WHAT??”